- Plea by Mail: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10715_plea_mail.pdf?c=uQC
- Your Day in Court: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10959_yourdayincourt_8x11.pdf?c=vbt
- Municipal Court Opening Statement (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_zJg-XLde0).
- Do I qualify for a Public Defender: https://njcourts.gov/courts/assets/municipal/indigencyguidelines.pdf?c=KRC
- Where may I pay my fine? www.NJMCdirect.com
- Municipal Court Appeal Forms: https://www.njcourts.gov/forms/10559_muni_appeal_kit.pdf?c=QQ0
- Court Fines: https://www.njcourts.gov/attorneys/assets/violations/part1bc.pdf?c=paB
- The public can now ask the municipal prosecutor to review their traffic matters and may be able to resolve their case without having to appear in person, under a recent change to municipal court operations in New Jersey.
- The Judiciary’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) program, which started in mid-May in approximately 30 municipal courts, allows court users to dispute a charge and provide information or evidence to municipal prosecutors online. The ODR program applies to 37 traffic offenses, such as speeding, failure to have an insurance card, or failure to yield, where defendants commonly provide additional documentation and seek a reduced charge before pleading guilt
- Court users can make their requests for review to the municipal prosecutor through NJMC Direct webpage (www.NJMCdirect.com or www.NJcourts.gov ). After reviewing the case, the prosecutor can offer a lesser charge or decline to change the charge. If a lesser charge is accepted, the matter will be reviewed by a judge for approval. If approved, the defendant does not need to go to court.
- If the prosecutor declines to offer a lesser charge, or the judge does not approve the new charge, a hearing date is scheduled for the defendant to appear remotely.
Individuals scheduled to appear before the municipal court can have their matter reviewed by submitting a plea by mail form.
NJMCdirect.com has been enhanced to include access to the new Online Municipal Case Resolution System.
To dispute a case, new users will be required to create a User ID and password in order to register and log into the Online Municipal Case Resolution system.
LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE PHONE LINE OR SEND AND EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS BELOW
Katherine M. Viger CMCA
Harrington Park Municipal Court
Court Code: 0224
Court Clerk hours:
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday- 2:30pm-4:30pm
Tuesday and Friday-9:00am-11am
Court Session 2nd Thursday of the Month at 4:00pm.
***ALL OTHER DATES REMAIN ON THE 2ND THURSDAY OF THE MONTH AT 4PM***
Please call to schedule an appointment.
1. PAYMENT AND GUILTY PLEA
You may plead guilty and pay the penalty if the offense is payable without the necessity of a Court appearance. You may either log on to www.njmcdirect.com to determine if the offense is payable and the amount of the penalty or telephone the court at 201-768-0500.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have your ticket number and license plate number to access this website.
Please use the code 0224 for the Harrington Park Court Code
2. OFFENSE IS NOT PAYABLE OR COURT APPEARANCE IS REQUIRED
If the offense charged is not payable, or if “Court Appearance Required” is checked, You must appear in court on the indicated date and time. Also you can log on to www.njmcdirect.com to check a court date.
3. PLEA OF NOT GUILTY
If you wish to plead not guilty, you must notify the court at the address and telephone number as shown above at least 7 days prior to the court date listed on the summons. If you fail to notify the court, it may be necessary for you to make an additional court appearance.
If you fail to appear in response to this summons or to pay the prescribed penalty additional penalties maybe imposed and result in a warrant for your arrest, and your driving privileges in New Jersey may be revoked.
For point information
Visit the official MVC Web Site at www.njmvc.gov .